2nd Symposium on Advances in Geospatial Technologies for Health
Symposium to bridge geospatial science, Earth science, & health science communities in a joint effort to improve human health & wellbeing.
Scheduled for August 24-30, 2013, in Arlington, Virginia, the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS) Working Group on Health of Commission VIII (ISPRS WG VIII/2) is organizing its 2nd Symposium on Advances in Geospatial Technologies for Health in collaboration with the 5th International Conference on Medical Geology (MEDGEO 2013).
The symposium topics will include applications of remote sensing and geospatial technologies in the areas of:
- Air pollution modeling for health impact studies,
- Air-borne, soil-borne and water-borne diseases,
- Big data analysis in public health research,
- Environmental public health surveillance,
- Infectious and vector-borne diseases,
- Climate variability and health,
- Tele-epidemiology, and
- Health care